The Frog Room
Our Pre-Kindergarten program provides individualized opportunities for all children to participate in age/developmental opportunities including but not limited to the following activities:
- Indoor/outdoor play and gross motor time
- Planned learning activities centered around the child’s capabilities and interests.
- Frequent, positive, warm interactions with adults and children.
- Health and hygiene practices implemented daily.
- Self-help skills (buttoning, zipping, snapping, etc.)
- Creative art activities using different mediums and methods.
- Music & movement/yoga
- Cooking activities centered on a specific theme or holiday, introducing many concepts including math, problem solving, cultural differences, health, and safety.
- Science and math skills (measuring, solving, inventing, etc.)
- “Centers” include Dramatic Play, Kitchen, Science, Quiet Reading, Building & Blocks and more.
- Problem-solving, cognitive-thinking, and language skills.
- Daily communication with parents.